The word “Pixie” gives you a hint of what the Nespresso Pixie Espresso Maker is all about: a small, quiet, easy-to-use, and elegant espresso machine.
The machine can fit in almost every kitchen. You get so much joy when you use it, not just because it allows you to prepare fresh, delectable espresso shots very fast, but also because it is easy to clean, affordable, and stylish.
For under $200 (depending where you buy), you get to enjoy great milk froth in the comfort of your home.
If you are a fan of espresso, latte, and cappuccino, you can’t miss to have the Pixie in your kitchen.
Don’t be fooled by the word “Pixie”; ironically, this espresso maker leads while other milk frothers follow. It enables you to froth and whip your milk anyhow, at any time.
Nespresso Pixie – The Looks
The unit is chrome-plated. And on the inside, there is a non-stick coating. The machine generally looks urban and modern, thanks to the ABC plastic with which it’s made. This small espresso maker also comes with some superb features.
The capsule is easy to use. If you’ve used other coffee pod machines before, you’ll not encounter any major difficulties with this one. The mug sits on the plug-in base, and houses the frother attachment. You can precisely control the temperature of the froth as the base heats up. Interesting, right?
Depending on the drink you are preparing, you can start with hot or cold milk. Fill your cup with milk, push the button, wait, and enjoy!
- Quick brewing: within 25-30 seconds, your hot cup of espresso is ready and you’re good to go. It’s not easy to get your brew ready this fast with other single-cup units.
- Super-stylish design: It’s difficult to take your eyes off this machine because of its beautiful and elegant design. Surely, the Pixie Espresso machine is a piece of art that is very easy to fall in love with. It comes in vibrant colors, such as black, lipstick red, brushed aluminum and brown, which will look amazing in your kitchen.
- Automatic brewing: this espresso machine is completely automatic, hence user-friendly. There isn’t much to do, just insert a coffee capsule, and select the number of shots you need.
- Compact size: with dimensions of 12.8 x 4.3 x 9.2 inches, the Pixie is one of the smallest espresso machines in the market. Due to its small size, this machine is perfect for offices or homes with limited space. It has been designed to take up very little counter space.
- 16 Coffee Capsules: The Pixie works great with coffee capsules, Nespresso premium coffee capsules to be precise. A total of 16 coffee capsules are included, but if they get exhausted, you can easily find more online. Each capsule retails at only $0.55.
- Theromblock heating: this technology allows for a fast preheating time of about 30 seconds. You can rest assured that each brew will be of the right temperature.
- 24-ounce water tank
- Water level detection indicators
- Capsules are easy to insert and eject
- Holds ten used capsules
Be assured of the taste of your espresso
The most important thing when it comes to all espresso machines, regardless of the number of features or appearance, is the taste of espresso. With the Nespresso Pixie, you get a consistent taste with every cup of espresso.
Isn’t it just awesome to have a machine that assures you of the taste of your espresso? With custom coffee capsules at your disposal, you get access to various choices of blends.
Nespresso Pixie Espresso Maker—Pros
- Top-of-the-line design
- Easy to clean. Nespresso Pixie Espresso Machine only needs some occasional descaling.
- Easy to use. With just a push of a button, you get an instant brew. For hot milk, you only need to press the button once, and for cold, hold down for two seconds.
- It’s super-simple to remove and attach the water tank. However, at first, this task may appear to be a little complicated.
- Perfect for most households; a couple will love it, and someone who is single will also love it.
- It can accommodate larger vessels, if you need it to.
Although this espresso machine has very few disadvantages, there are a couple of issues users feel should be resolved.
- Since this espresso machine is small, it has a low capacity. Also, you can only make a single cup at a time, a downside for an office or a large family.
- Users can’t make their own blend. You can only choose from the 30 premium blends that Nestle makes.
- The Pixie Espresso Machine is not very easy to clean and maintain. That’s because all the electrical components and elements are located at the bottom. The cleaning process is not only time-consuming, but it’s also both demanding and labor intensive.
- Not all models have the frother. For example, if you purchase the Nespresso Pixie Espresso Machine on Amazon, you’ll need to get a hold of the Aeroccino Plus Milk Frother separately.
Nespresso Pixie Espresso Machine—who it’s not suitable for
This machine is not the best choice for three people: a person who needs to make lots of cups at a time, a person who is obsessed with a full experience of making espresso, and a person who prefers to use his own coffee grounds, blend, and beans. For such people, a semi-automatic unit is way better. A unit with a faster reload time is also a great choice.
Why users love this espresso machine
The simple yet adorable design of the Pixie Espresso machine is what strikes customers the most. Certainly, the manufacturer had the user in mind when designing this amazing product.
Why you should purchase the Pixie Aeroccino Plus
If you don’t want to spend a lot of cash, but still yearn for delicious espressos, caffes, cappuccinos, and lattes, this is your machine. The Pixie enables you to make a shot of espresso in under a minute.
The end user experience of the Nespresso Pixie Espresso Maker is simply fantastic! Although the machine is small, you still get to make a great cup of espresso in a matter of seconds. In addition, it makes a fabulous froth too.